What you need to know from this weekend’s bulletin:
(Click here to download the entire bulletin)
DISCOVERY FAITH STUDY
Discovery is all about Jesus! This faith study is an effective tool which introduces people to understanding who Jesus is, what He has done, and the invitation He offers for relationship. Join us on Tuesday mornings at 6 a.m. beginning September 18. Light breakfast included. For more information or to register, visit saintmichael.ca/faithformation.
Update: Moms and Tots Group
Beginning next Friday, September 21, our weekly Moms and Tots group will be meeting on Fridays after the 9 a.m. Mass (instead of Thursdays).
St. Michael’s Pictures: Time is running out! – New
Time is running out! The deadline to submit your photos for our 60th-anniversary highlight is coming up next month. Any pictures of parish life, sacraments, etc. from St. Michael’s past are welcome. For instructions on how to submit digital or print photos, visit saintmichael.ca/diamond.
Help us make sandwiches for the Drop-In Centre by filling loaves of bread with items such as peanut butter, ham, or turkey. Drop off the prepared sandwiches here at the church by 9:30 a.m. on Friday, September 21. Thanks for your generosity!
40 DAYS FOR LIFE CALGARY KICKOFF EVENT
Join 40 Days for Life for the Calgary kickoff event here at St. Michael’s next Saturday, September 22 at 2:30 p.m. Matt Britton, 40 DFL Chairman, and Fr. Francis De Rosa will be sharing about their experience in their worldwide pro-life work.
Knights of Columbus: Roast Beef Supper & Next Council Meeting
- This is the last weekend you can buy tickets for the roast beef supper next Saturday, September 22, after the 5 p.m. Mass. Advance tickets only. Come see us at the gathering area after mass this weekend.
- The next council meeting will be this Tuesday, September 18, at 7:30 p.m.
KIDS’ KINGDOM: VOLUNTEER TEACHERS NEEDED
Kids’ Kingdom is tentatively set to start on Sunday, September 23, but is dependent on the number of teachers who volunteer. If you or someone you know would like to volunteer, please email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org. Training will be provided.
A BIBLICAL WALK THROUGH THE MASS: A FREE STUDY PROGRAM
In this five-part Bible study, you will come to know and understand the Mass like never before. From the rich meanings behind what we say and do in the Mass to the words and gestures of the priest, you will see the Mass in a new light, leading to a more meaningful appreciation of the Mass. Monday evenings at 7 p.m. beginning September 24. For more information or to register, visit saintmichael.ca/faithformation.
- Online registration for the 2018-2019 First Reconciliation/First Eucharist is now available at saintmichael.ca/sacraments. All grade 2 students and up are welcome to participate in the program that begins next September. Deadline for registration is September 24 for both programs. Please register early to confirm your celebration spots for both sacraments.
- Volunteer leaders needed for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist: We need volunteer teachers for our brand-new sacrament program this Fall and next Spring. Training is provided! The sessions will all be on either Saturday mornings OR afternoons (once a month) and you can help with one or all of them. The dates are: October 27, November 25, December 15, January 19, February 23, March 16, April 13, May 4, and May 11. If you can help support the sacrament journey of over 200 little ones, contact Maureen at email@example.com or at 403-249-0423 ext. 126.
- Confirmation 2019: Our Confirmation Mass has not been finalized by our Bishop yet, however, teens are highly encouraged to do their four (4) hours of service with The Mustard Seed, the Food Bank, or Inn From the Cold. Contact Maureen at firstname.lastname@example.org for any information about volunteering.
UPDATES FOR ONE ROCK 2.0
- There will be Eucharistic Adoration during One Rock on Saturday, September 29, from 9:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. If you’re able, please sign up on the Eucharistic Adoration sign-up table.
- Volunteers are needed for different roles. Click here to sign up.
- Those who are not part of the young adult delegation can now buy tickets at onerock.ca for the Saturday evening program. Tickets are $10 for those below 18 and $20 for those over 35.
Trails to the Mount – New
The Franciscan friars of Mount St. Francis invite families and individuals for the annual Trails to the Mount blessing of animals on Sunday, September 30, from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. For more details, please call 403-932-2012.
Calgary’s Annual Red Mass – New
The annual Red Mass invites all judges, lawyers, paralegals, assistants, clerks, and other members of the legal profession and related professions, as well as family and friends on Wednesday, October 10, at St. Mary’s Cathedral. Bishop McGrattan will be presiding Mass at 5 p.m., followed by a reception at the Cathedral hall featuring guest speaker Jane Adolphe, a former Calgary lawyer currently working in the Holy See. Ms. Adolphe has been very involved in the current scandal facing the Church and will be speaking from an insider’s perspective. Tickets to the reception can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
DIOCESAN BEREAVEMENT EDUCATION PROGRAM
St. Michael’s will be hosting the Diocese of Calgary’s Bereavement Care Education Program this fall. This certificate is a necessary component to be a part of the Parish Bereavement Team. Please note that the $50 course fee is waived for St. Michael’s parishioners. This is a two-part program happening on October 12-13 and 19-20. For more info, visit saintmichael.ca/pastoralcare.
24th Sunday in Ordinary Time, 16/09/2018, 2.29 MB