What you need to know in this weekend’s Bulletin
Blood Drive (Monday, Dec. 4, 2017 at 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Consider being a donor during this Monday’s upcoming Blood Drive. Although not mandatory, appointments are preferred and can be done through www.blood.ca.
Potluck Sunday (Dec. 3, 2017 at 6 p.m.)
- Join us for an evening of food, fun, and fellowship! Please bring a hot or cold food item ready to serve. For more info, contact Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advent Reconciliation: Rejoice in God’s Mercy
- In addition to the regular parish reconciliation schedule, confession will be available at all parishes throughout the Diocese of Calgary during the three Wednesdays of Advent, from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Annual Christmas Sing-Along (Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017 at 12 noon)
- Join the 55+ Circle of Friends for the 7th annual Christmas Sing-Along, which includes lunch, refreshments, singing of your favorite Christmas carols, and door prizes. Tickets are $15/person available at the Parish Office beginning Nov. 27, and after Masses on the weekends of December 2 and December 9. No tickets sold after Dec. 11.
Breakfast with St. Nicholas (Sunday, Dec. 10, 2017 at noon)
- Join us in the Kids’ Kingdom room for a pancake breakfast with the Bishop of Myra, the real “Santa Claus.” He will be around to greet the children and just may have a special treat!
Pope Francis Wants to Hear From You!
- In preparation for next year’s Synod of Bishops on Young People, the Faith, and Vocational Discernment, Pope Francis and the Vatican have released questions for reflection and asked dioceses around the world to give feedback. Here in Calgary, our diocese has prepared an online survey for youth and young adults ages 16-35 to fill out. Whether you’re a Catholic or not, you’re invited to let your thoughts be known. You can access the survey at www.theyellowtree.ca.
Confirmation 2018 Registration Deadline
- The registration deadline for Confirmation preparation is on Monday, January 8, 2017. To register, please click here. This Confirmation is for students in Grades 6 and up, which will be happening on Sunday, May 6, 2017 during the 5 p.m. Mass. For more information, contact Maureen at email@example.com.
Combined Reconciliation/First Holy Communion Registration Deadline
- We invite you to fill a pair of socks with essentials for daily living (e.g. underwear, mitts, gloves, etc.). Find room to include wrapped candy too! Please hang the stockings on the Stocking Tree located in the sanctuary. They will be delivered to the Drop-In Centre for their guests at Christmas.
Hospitality and Eucharistic Ministry Christmas Sign Up
- Hospitality Ministers: sign up sheets for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are in the Gathering Area. Eucharistic Ministers: sign up sheets are in the sacristy. At this time, we request those signing up to be registered Hospitality and Eucharistic Ministers.
SSVP Christmas Hamper Program
- Thank you to all who returned their Share Sunday food donations. We are blessed by your generous spirit. If you have not donated, there is still time to support our program: monetary donations placed in the SSVP donation box will be used to purchase the grocery gift cards that accompany each hamper. Please return your angel by the deadline indicated so that we have time to prepare the gift for inclusion in the hamper.
Poinsettias In Memory of a Loved One
- Parishioners are invited to decorate the church environment for Christmas by purchasing a poinsettia in memory of a loved one. Forms are available in the Gathering Area. Completed forms along with payment can be dropped off in the weekend’s collection basket or at the Parish Office by Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017. Cost: $30/poinsettia.
Together in Action: We Reached Our Goal!
- We’re excited to announce that we reached our parish’s goal of $125,900 for the TIA campaign. Thanks to all those who contributed generously — your contributions will go a long way in helping the grant recipients within our Diocese and beyond. Also, thank you to Blair Bichel and Sean Maxwell for coordinating this effort. Would you like to give to a good cause? Consider supporting the Partnership of Hope campaign which supports our 3 Syrian and Sudanese immigrant families.
- If you have a loved one nearing the end of life and would like a guide on how to comfort and assist them through prayer, you can obtain a free copy of the Commendation for the Dying prayer booklet the Parish Office, or by downloading it here.
First Sunday of Advent, 04/12/2017, 1.03 MB