What you need to know in this weekend’s Bulletin
Confirmation Mass (Sunday, Nov. 26 at 5 p.m.)
- The 5 p.m. Mass on Sunday will be St. Michael’s Confirmation Mass with Bishop Emeritus F.B. Henry. We expect this Mass to be 1.5 – 2 hours long. All are welcome to attend this celebration as we witness the confirmation of 95 students and 8 adults.
24 Hour Eucharistic Adoration (Friday, Dec. 1, 2017)
- For those signing up for hours past 10 p.m., please obtain an access card at the Parish Office before noon on Friday.
Potluck Sunday (Dec. 3, 2017 at 6 p.m.)
- Join us for an evening of food, fun, and fellowship! Please bring a hot or cold food item ready to serve. For more info, contact Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knights of Columbus (Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017 from 6 p.m.-9 p.m.)
- All Knights of Council 8636 including their immediate and extended families are invited to a Christmas celebration on Dec. 7. The council will provide ham, coffee, and juice — please bring an item for the rest of the potluck. RSVP to GK Larry Wagner by Dec. 4 at wagnerL54@yahoo.ca.
Annual Christmas Sing-Along (Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017 at 12 noon)
- Join the 55+ Circle of Friends for the 7th annual Christmas Sing-Along, which includes lunch, refreshments, singing of your favorite Christmas carols, and door prizes. Tickets are $15/person available at the Parish Office beginning Nov. 27, and after Masses on the weekends of December 2 and December 9. No tickets sols after Dec. 11.
Registration Deadline for First Reconciliation and First Communion preparation
- We invite you to fill a pair of socks with essentials for daily living (e.g. underwear, mitts, gloves, etc.). Find room to include wrapped candy too! Please hang the stockings on the Stocking Tree located in the sanctuary. They will be delivered to the Drop-In Centre for their guests at Christmas.
Christmas Hamper Outreach
- Thanks to all who signed up during last weekend’s registration drive. We still need a few more volunteers for either Thursday, Nov. 30 (food sorting), or Monday, Dec. 18 (assembling hampers). Contact Colleen at email@example.com to register. Also, bring your Share Sunday bag next weekend Dec. 2/3 if you forgot to bring them this weekend. For other ways to help, click here.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SSVP) Needs
- Single bed, frame, and mattress • kitchen table and chairs • small couch or loveseat • kitchen utensils • shower curtain • bath mat and kitchen mat
- Men’s parka (large) • winter boots size 10 • gloves (large)
- Women’s insulated longer style winter jacket (medium) • Boys ski jacket (small) • Boots (size 11) • Mitts (small)
- Infant girl one-piece snow suit (size 18-24 months) • winter boots (size 1) • Nylon mitts (size small)
- Women’s winter boots (size 9, for -25C and below)
- To donate any of the above items, please contact SSVP at 403 249 0423 ext. 122
Our Lady Queen of Peace Clothing Drive
- Please drop off any donated items outside the parish office by Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017.
Download Bulletin: Feast of Christ the King, 26/11/2017, 968.29 KB