Live Mass: Sunday-Friday at 9 AM MT
We are currently operating with a lean staff and may not be able to update this page daily. Visit facebook.com/saintmichaelyyc/live Sun-Fri at 9AM MT to watch Mass.
Please remember your local parish during these extraordinary circumstances. If you are able to help St. Michael’s mission even during these trying times, please consider making a donation online, or by texting give to 438-700-8739.
Register for Mass
Effective Thursday, July 1st 2021, Mass restriction has been lifted. We recommend you to maintain safety measure while attending mass.
Mass times (registration is no longer required):
- Monday 5 pm
- Tuesday 9 am
- Wednesday 9 am
- Thursday 9 am
- Friday 9 am
- Saturday 5 pm
- Sunday 9 am
- Sunday 11 am
- Sunday 5 pm
Having problems? Click here for a video guide (registration is no longer required)
Effective Thursday, July 1st 2021 Mass restriction has been lifted. We seek your support to remain compliant with provincial public gathering guidelines and the most recent diocesan guidelines.
For more information you can call the parish office at 403-249-0423. We are open Mon-Fri from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
DOORS WILL BE CLOSED 5 minutes prior to Mass. During the mass, South Door will be closed. This is to ensure that: 1) our volunteers are also able to fully participate in the liturgy, and 2) for our priests to be able to start Mass right on time. Those who are late will not be able to enter.
FRIDAYS ADORATION & WEEKLY CONFESSIONS. Fridays adoration starts from 9.30am – 8.00 pm. For month of July & August, only First Fridays will be celebrated with adoration.
For those who would like to come for Fridays confession (12:00 – 1:00 pm), please take your turn carefully. Safe distancing in the premises still apply.
We are truly apologize for all the inconvenience that this new policy has caused. Please understand that this is not our desire to make things difficult for anyone.
WEAR A MASK: In accordance with public health measures, anyone entering the church is required to wear a face covering. Learn more.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: if you are able to help as an usher/hospitality minister or point of entry person at any of our weekend Masses, please contact Margaret Tapuska or Lewis Tsia at email@example.com or by calling 403-249-0423 .
NEED TO CANCEL? If you registered but aren’t able to come, please cancel by clicking the “view and manage your order online” link on your confirmation email, or by calling the parish office. This will allow others to be able to attend Mass.
Given these circumstances, we are adopting a no ticket, no entry policy. Walk-ins will only be permitted if, prior to Mass, the number of participants is below the maximum limit. Daily communicants will also have to pre-register for every Mass they wish to attend.
Lastly, all attendees are asked to bring their own non-medical mask.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. While all this may seem onerous, we count on everyone’s cooperation and goodwill to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our parishioners.
Important things to take note of:
- Bishop McGrattan’s decree dispensing Catholics from the Sunday obligation remains. This means that even though public Masses have resumed, Catholics are not obliged to attend Mass and those who attend do so out of their own free will and prudential judgment.
- Use this self-assessment tool. If you have any of the symptoms listed, please stay home.
- ENTRY & EXIT: enter through the west-side main entrance doors as all other entryways will be closed. Doors will open 30 minutes prior to each Mass. After Mass, everyone will be asked to exit through the north-side entrance (near Kids Kingdom).
- CHECK-IN: as you enter, the point-of-entry volunteer will ask for your name. You can also show your ticket to the volunteers (either in print or on your mobile device). At this point, they will be asking you questions to verify information needed for contact tracing.
- MASKS: All attendees are asked to bring their own non-medical mask and wear it during their stay in the church building.
- CHANGES IN THE LITURGY: certain parts in the liturgy will be omitted in order to minimize the possibility of viral transmission. This includes the administering of the chalice, shaking hands during the sign of peace, holding hands during the Our Father, and passing the collection basket. Those who wish to make an offering may do so online at saintmichael.ca/giving or by texting give to 438-700-8739.
- BUILDING ACCESS: when coming for Mass, use the west-side main entrance. When visiting the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, parish office, or when coming for Confession, use the south entrance doors near the office.
What St. Michael’s is doing to ensure your safety:
- Implementing a more frequent cleaning and sanitizing schedule. This includes sanitizing the sanctuary seats after every Mass, washrooms, and other high-contact surfaces.
- We’ve made several hand sanitizing stations available throughout the church building.
- Designating specific entrance and exit-only points to ensure traffic flows in one direction
- Blocking off certain sections in the sanctuary to ensure physical distancing during Mass
How can we pray for you?
If you have any prayer requests, use the form below so our prayer teams can pray for you. We will also offer your petitions during Mass, as is our custom during our Friday morning Masses.