What you need to know from this weekend’s bulletin:
Sacrament Preparation: Online Registration Now Open – New
Online registration for next spring’s First Reconciliation/Communion and student Confirmation is now available. More info below — if you have any further questions, please contact Maureen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Reconciliation/Communion (for students in grades 2 and up): deadline to register is Sept. 13, 2019. Parent information night will be on Monday, September 23, with preparation classes on Saturdays at 10 a.m. beginning in October. Registration: $50 to offset the cost of workbooks. For more information and to register, visit saintmichael.ca/first-communion.
- Confirmation (for students in grades 6 and up): please register by Tuesday, October 1. Preparation classes will be on Fridays at 7 p.m. beginning in October. Registration: $25 for the cost of workbooks. For more information and to register, visit saintmichael.ca/confirmation.
Unplanned is coming to Canada – New
After months of campaigns and petitions to movie theatre chains, the acclaimed pro-life movie Unplanned is finally coming to Canada and will be screened on theatres beginning Friday, July 12. The film is based on the real-life story of Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood clinic director who has since become a champion of the pro-life movement. Watch the trailer below, or visit unplannedfilm.com to learn more.
St. Joseph’s Parish: Art and Architecture Tour – New
Come explore historic St. Joseph’s and celebrate over 100 years of history, art, and architecture. Featuring: tapestry work of Faye Muscoby (St. Michael’s parishioner), toonie tours throughout the day, and tea in the courtyard garden. Funds raised will go towards restoring St. Joseph’s fallen gargoyle “Eddie.” Co-hosted by the Sacred Arts Guild of Alberta. All are welcome! When: Saturday, July 13, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Where: St. Joseph’s Parish (640 19th Avenue NW). Questions? Contact Kharah at email@example.com.
VBC For grown-ups
Are you bringing your kids to Vacation Bible Camp? If so, you’re invited to stay and take advantage of this faith formation opportunity for grown-ups, happening Monday to Friday during both weeks of VBC beginning at 9:30 a.m. There will be coffee and snacks at each stand-alone session — feel free to attend one or all of the sessions.
Summer Parish Updates
- Eucharistic Adoration: for July and August, Eucharistic Adoration on Fridays will be from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. 24-hour Eucharistic Adoration every first Friday will resume in the fall. Also, when there are no other events happening in the church, we will be closing the gate between the south hallway and the gathering area on Friday evenings to ensure everyone’s safety, especially those who come during the evening hours. Please use the south entrance.
- Precious Blood: there will be no Precious Blood during Holy Communion at Masses this July and August.
- Summer Office Hours: please note that for July and August, the parish office will only be open from 8:30 a.m .to 4 p.m. Evening hours will resume in September.
- Bulletins: we will only be publishing bulletins once a month during July and August. To keep updated with parish announcements and events, sign up for our weekly Flocknote e-newsletter by texting “SMCYYC” to 514-900-0130.
- Parish Picnic: please note that we will not be having our annual parish picnic this summer, as Our Lady Queen of Peace Ranch is under renovations and will not be able to host our summer event.
The following retreats are not organized by St. Michael’s. They are published here for the information of our parishioners.
- July 21-28 at Mount St. Francis • 7-Day “Presence” Directed Retreat, facilitated by the retreat team and individual spiritual director. To register, call 403-932-2012 or visit mountstfrancis.ca.
- Summer Retreat Day “Come to Me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” When: Saturday, July 27 from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Where: Divine Mercy Centre (15206 Twp. Road 262, Calgary). Registration: 587-755-1019 or visit sistersofdivinemercy.org.
- August 2-10 at FCJ Retreat Centre, Calgary • Spiritual Exercises: 8-Day Directed Ignatian Retreat facilitated by Sr. Madeleine Gregg and the FCJ team. Registration: 403-228-4215 or visit fcjcentre.ca.
- Single Women’s Retreat with the Sisters of Providence: this retreat is for single women ages 22-38 exploring a call to religious life. When: August 11-17 at Providence Centre (3005 – 119 Street, Edmonton). Registration: 587-432-2088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s Retreat Day: “Courage, my daughter, your faith has saved you.” This retreat is for women ages 18 and older. When: Saturday, August 10 from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at St. Luke’s Parish (1566 Northmount Dr. NW). Registration: sistersofdivinemercy.org.
See the full bulletin for more announcements
13th Sunday in Ordinary Time, 30/06/2019, 1.24 MB