Christmas Hamper Day 2022
Christmas Hamper Day
Next week (October 29/30 weekend), members of the Hamper Organizing Committee will be in the gathering area after all Masses to answer questions and sign up volunteers for Hamper Day. After two years of reduced activity, we are once more gearing up for a large event, with plans to prepare and deliver 170 hampers on that day. We need your help with:
- Wednesday, December 14: Preparing and Wrapping Gifts
- Sunday, December 18: Set up
- Monday, December 19: Hamper Assembly: fill and pack hampers, assist in the store room, re-stock shelves and store hampers ready for delivery. Note: Morning and afternoon sessions available
- Monday, December 19, Evening: Deliver prepared hampers to recipients’ homes
A detailed list of all required jobs will be available next weekend, and our Organizing Committee volunteers will be happy to assist you find a volunteer opportunity that matches your needs.
Importantly, those delivering hampers will be required to have an updated Police Check on file. Note that it can take up to 4 weeks to process this, although it is a simple online process. To check if your volunteer requirements are up to date, please contact Marvin Matthews MMatthews@saintmichael.ca.
Gifts for children: The Angel Tree will be available the weekend of November 26/27, where you can select a child and shop for their special gift.
Further details will be made available as we complete our plans.
Questions? Send to MMatthews@saintmichael.ca.
Referrals: Referrals will be accepted from parish schools, and through the SSVP intake line at 403-249-0423 ext 122.
Monetary Donations to SSVP are used to purchase the food at wholesale prices, and may be made through:
- the collection box, noted for Christmas Hampers
- depositing the green envelopes located in the SSVP donation bin/lockbox in the gathering area
- online at ca/giving.
- please include your clearly printed name and address – tax receipts will be issued in Jan 2023
Food Donations: Christmas Hampers contain a standard list of goods and quantities, purchased wholesale, at a substantial cost saving. SSVP provides support to families year-round, and food donations received that are not on our list will still be used and placed in the larder, for use by SSVP to address late hamper requests and after-Christmas hamper needs.