Note: If you or someone you know belongs to our parish area and would like to request a hamper, please contact our SSVP intake line at 403-249-0423 ext.122.
St. Michael’s Christmas Hamper Program supports the work of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, preparing generous Christmas hampers for families in need here in our parish. All hampers include specially-selected gifts for each school-aged child in the family.
This year’s Christmas Hamper Day is on Tuesday, December 17.
Our Christmas Hamper program campaign starts in mid-November, with school and parish food collection.
How you can help:
- Share Sunday: after all Masses on the weekend of November 16-17, we will be handing out grocery bags for you to fill with grocery items, which you can bring back to church over the subsequent weekends. All food items donated before December 1st will find its way into a Christmas hamper. (Click here for a list of our most-needed food items)
- Angel Tree: beginning on the weekend on November 23-24, you can grab an angel gift tag from the angel tree and shop for the special gift listed on the back. The Angel Tree will be available until the morning Masses on Sunday, December 1. Please return your gift on Sunday, December 8, to ensure it is included with the hamper intended for the child’s family.
- We also welcome donations of gift bags of all sizes, tape, as well as wrapping paper. Donations can be placed in the Angel Tree box near the Kids Kingdom room.
- Monetary Donations: drop a cash or cheque donation of any amount in the St. Vincent de Paul collection box (outside the sanctuary doors) earmarked “hampers” to help us purchase any shortfall. You can also donate online (under “fund,” select “Christmas Hampers” These will be used to purchase turkey gift cards, fresh produce, and other food items.
- Volunteer: We have many positions that need to be filled. Volunteer sign-ups for both hamper assembly and delivery will be on the weekends of November 16-17 and 23-24. (Note: the Diocese of Calgary directives states that a valid Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check or VSPIC is required for all volunteers who deliver food hampers to homes. If you need assistance in the VSPIC process, please contact email@example.com). You can also check out our volunteer handout here.
If you have any questions regarding the hamper program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.