Combined First Communion and Reconciliation Preparation
Our 2018/2019 First Reconciliation/Eucharist Program will begin on September 2018 and finish on May 2019. Parents of students in Grade 2 and up (who are of the age of reason, i.e. 7 years old) are welcome to register before Sept. 24, 2018.
The Parent-ONLY Information Session will be held on Monday, Sept. 24, 2018 at 7 p.m.
There are four (4) sessions and a retreat to prepare for First Reconciliation, as well as four (4) sessions and a retreat to prepare for First Eucharist. There will be sessions for children along with concurrent sessions for parents at the same time. Each session runs for 90 minutes.
Parents are asked to complete a Sacrament Registration form, along with $25 for each Sacrament, totalling $50. This will help offset the cost of the materials. Each child will receive two workbooks: one for First Reconciliation and one for First Eucharist. Once you register online, please bring a copy of your child’s baptism certificate to the parish office within seven days of registration to secure your spot. Books and resources will be handed out on September 24 during the first meeting.
The program outline is as follows:
Parent Information Session: Monday, Sept. 24, 2018, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. here at St. Michael Catholic Community (800 85th St. SW)
Sacrament Preparation Program: First Reconciliation (all sessions here at St. Michael’s. For sessions 1-4, you can choose to attend either the morning session from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., or afternoon session from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- Session 1: Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018
- Session 2: Saturday, Nov. 24, 2018
- Session 3: Saturday, Dec. 15, 2018
- Session 4: Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019
- Retreat: Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019 (Schools: January 21, 22, 23, 24) (9 a.m. to noon OR 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Celebration of First Reconciliation: Saturday, Jan 26-Feb. 23, 2019
Sacrament Preparation Program: First Eucharist (all sessions here at St. Michael’s. For sessions 1-4, you can choose to attend either the morning session from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., or afternoon session from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- Session 1: Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019
- Session 2: Saturday, March 16, 2019
- Session 3: Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Session 4: Saturday, May 4, 2019
- Retreat: Saturday, May 11, 2019 (Schools: May 6,7,8,9) (9 a.m. to 12 noon OR 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
Celebration of First Eucharist: Weekends of May 25/26 or June 1/2.
Registration for the First Communion-First Reconciliation program is now closed.
If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact Maureen at email@example.com.
Been away from the Church?
You’re not alone! We invite you to rediscover Jesus and the Catholic faith again.