Combined First Communion and Reconciliation Preparation
Our 2019/2020 First Reconciliation/Eucharist Program will begin on September 2019 and finish on May 2020. Parents of students in Grade 2 and up (who are of the age of reason, i.e. 7 years old) are welcome to register before Sept. 13, 2019.
The Parent-ONLY Information Session will be held on Monday, Sept. 23, 2019 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
There are four (4) sessions and a retreat to prepare for First Reconciliation, as well as four (4) sessions and a retreat to prepare for First Eucharist. There will be sessions for children along with concurrent sessions for parents at the same time. Each session runs for 90 minutes.
Parents are asked to complete a Sacrament Registration form, along with $25 for each Sacrament, totalling $50. This will help offset the cost of the materials. Each child will receive two workbooks: one for First Reconciliation and one for First Eucharist. Once you register online, please bring a copy of your child’s baptism certificate to the parish office within seven days of registration to secure your spot. Books and resources will be handed out on September 23 during the first meeting.
The program outline is as follows:
Parent Information Session: Monday, Sept. 23, 2019, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. here at St. Michael Catholic Community (800 85th St. SW)
Sacrament Preparation Program: First Reconciliation (Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- Session 1: Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019
- Session 2: Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019
- Session 3: Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019
- Session 4: Saturday, Jan. 11, 2020
- Retreat: Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020
- Celebration of First Reconciliation: Friday, Jan. 24, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Sacrament Preparation Program: First Eucharist (Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- Session 1: Saturday, Feb. 8, 2020
- Session 2: Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Session 3: Saturday, April 4, 2020
- Session 4: Saturday, May 2, 2020
- Retreat: Saturday, May 9, 2020
Celebration of First Eucharist: Weekends of May 23/24 or May 30/31.
What you need to do:
- Click here to register for the 2019-2020 program
- Click here to sign up on Flocknote in order to receive all the important email updates for First Reconciliation/Holy Communion.
- Click here to register at St. Michael Catholic Community (if you are not registered in our parish).
If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact Maureen at email@example.com.
Sacrament Preparation Volunteers Needed
We are looking for Sacrament Preparation teachers for next school year (2019-2020). We meet one Saturday a month from 10 to 11:30 a.m. with a small group of school-aged children, from October to May (8 sessions) learning about Reconciliation and Eucharist. Training will be provided.
Interested? Use this form and select “Sacrament Preparation.”
If you have any questions, email Maureen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Been away from the Church?
You’re not alone! We invite you to rediscover Jesus and the Catholic faith again.