As group admin, you can designate one or all of your members as a note sender. To do this, log in to Flocknote > click on your group/ministry > click on the “people” tab on top of the screen. Here you’ll see all of your members, and a button on each name that says note sender. Enable this to allow that user to send emails.
Flocknote for Group Admins
This information is for ministry leaders (or volunteers appointed by their ministry leader) who want to use Flocknote to communicate with everyone in the ministry.
To start using Flocknote as a group admin, you first have to do the following:
(If you haven’t yet)
- Sign up by going to www.flocknote.com/smcyyc.
- Create a password: this will allow you to access Flocknote’s back-end and send emails.
- To do so, go to www.flocknote.com.
- Click “login” on top of the page
- Enter your email, then click “Reset or create a password”
- Click the yellow “Reset my password” button, and follow the prompts from there. You will receive an email with a link to create a password.
- Send an email to our Communications Coordinator, Ryan, at email@example.com with the following: the name of your ministry and a list with your members’ names and email addresses. He will setup a Flocknote group for your ministry (if there isn’t one yet). If your ministry already has a group on Flocknote, Ryan will designate you as the group admin.
If you’ve already completed all these steps prior, proceed to the section below on Flocknote Basics: accessing Flocknote and sending notes to your group.
1. How to access Flocknote
1. Open your web browser, go to www.flocknote.com, and click “login”
2. After logging in, you will be redirected to the Flocknote dashboard. On the left sidebar, you will see all of the groups that you are a member of.
2. Sending emails
1. To send an email (i.e. a “note”), click on your group/ministry on the left sidebar, then click the blue, envelope icon on the top-left portion of the screen. This will bring up the email composer.
2. The email composer is quite straightforward: on top you’ll see the “to” field (UNITE Youth Flocknote group), “subject” field, as well as the main body of the email where you can add different elements (e.g. images, file attachments, video, etc.)
3. To send the email, click on the green “preview” button. This is a two-step feature which prevents emails from being sent accidentally while still editing. It also gives you a preview of how your email will look like. If everything looks good to go, click “send”!
3. You’re done!
After sending, it will appear as one of the notes in your group. Click on the note to check any comments, as well as open rates, clicks, etc.
Group Admin training video
Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to add more members to your group.
There could be two possible reasons:
- Although uncommon, the email may have ended up in their junk/spam folder. To avoid this, ask all of your members to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their address book/contacts.
- Unverified email address: when people sign up on Flocknote, they automatically receive a verification email to make sure they own the email address they signed up with. If the individual didn’t verify their email, they may not receive messages. As group admin, you can manually verify their emails by logging in to Flocknote > click your group/ministry > click on the “People” tab on the top portion of the screen, then click “verify” below the person’s name/email.
Depending on how people comment on an email you sent, that comment may be private or public. Click here to learn more.
Anytime someone replies directly to an email or text you sent, their reply will be captured as a private comment on the original note you sent out. Private comments are only visible to you, as a group admin. But if people comment using the blue “reply” button in your email, that will be captured as a public comment (see step 3 above on how to check comments).
As a group admin, you’ll receive email notifications of both public and private comments.