Effective September 1, Daily Mass will no longer be livestreamed due to lower viewership and to encourage all to attend Mass in person.
Mass will continue to be livestreamed on Sunday at 11am.
We are currently operating with a lean staff and may not be able to update this page daily. Visit facebook.com/saintmichaelyyc/live to view the Mass livestream.
Please remember your local parish during these extraordinary circumstances. If you are able to help St. Michael’s mission even during these trying times, please consider making a donation online, or by texting give to 438-700-8739.
Effective September 4, Masks are now mandatory in all areas of the Church.
Please find the latest Memorandum (dated September 8, 2021) from the Diocese here
For all parishes in the City of Calgary, the wearing of masks is mandatory even when participating in Mass in parish churches according to the city face coverings bylaw.
From the City of Calgary’s Q&A:
Do face coverings need to be worn in places of worship?
Yes. Places of worship are included in the bylaw definition of a public premises, as they are enclosed buildings that members of the public have access to. Although the provincial order expressly excludes places of worship from the mask requirement, the bylaw does not contain a similar exemption. This means that, in Calgary, face coverings are required to be worn in places of worship.
However, if a place of worship closes its doors to the public for a private event (for example, a wedding), it is not a public premises during the event and therefore attendees will not have to wear face coverings.
Mass times (registration is no longer required):
- Monday 9 am
- Tuesday 9 am
- Wednesday 9 am
- Thursday 9 am
- Friday 9 am
- Saturday 5 pm
- Sunday 9 am
- Sunday 11 am
- Sunday 5 pm
More Mass Schedules in the area? Find out here www.CanadaMassTimes.org
FRIDAYS ADORATION & WEEKLY CONFESSIONS. Fridays adoration will be held from 10:00 am – 8:00 pm. Confessions are available between 8:00-8:45am.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: if you are able to help as an usher/hospitality minister or point of entry person at any of our weekend Masses, please contact Margaret Tapuska or Lewis Tsia at email@example.com or by calling 403-249-0423
Important things to take note of:
- Bishop McGrattan’s decree dispensing Catholics from the Sunday obligation remains. This means that even though public Masses have resumed, Catholics are not obliged to attend Mass and those who attend do so out of their own free will and prudential judgment.
- Use this self-assessment tool. If you have any of the symptoms listed, please stay home.
- MASKS: All attendees can bring their own non-medical mask and wear it during their stay in the church building.
- CHANGES IN THE LITURGY: certain parts in the liturgy will be omitted in order to minimize the possibility of viral transmission. This includes the administering of the chalice, shaking hands during the sign of peace, holding hands during the Our Father, and passing the collection basket. Those who wish to make an offering may do so online at saintmichael.ca/giving or by texting give to 438-700-8739.
- BUILDING ACCESS: when coming for Mass, use the west-side main entrance. When visiting the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, parish office, or when coming for Confession, use the south entrance doors near the office.
What St. Michael’s is doing to ensure your safety:
- Implementing a more frequent cleaning and sanitizing schedule. This includes sanitizing the sanctuary seats after every Mass, washrooms, and other high-contact surfaces.
- We’ve made several hand sanitizing stations available throughout the church building.
- Designating specific entrance and exit-only points to ensure traffic flows in one direction
- Blocking off certain sections in the sanctuary to ensure physical distancing during Mass
How can we pray for you?
If you have any prayer requests, use the form below so our prayer teams can pray for you. We will also offer your petitions during Mass, as is our custom during our Friday morning Masses.