Register for Mass
Weekday and Sunday Mass at St. Michael’s will resume on Monday, June 1.
Our new Mass times:
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.
- Saturday: anticipated Sunday Mass at 3:30 p.m., 5 p.m., 6:30 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 7:30 a.m.*, 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 5 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.
*The 7:30 a.m. Sunday Mass is for our elderly parishioners ages 65 and over. We ask other parishioners to attend other Masses.
During this stage in the phased reintroduction of public Mass, attendance will initially be limited to 50 participants (including the priest and volunteers). For this reason, we ask those who wish to attend Mass to register using the link below. This will ensure that we remain compliant with provincial public gathering guidelines, the most recent diocesan guidelines, and to assist public health experts with contact tracing.
People can also pre-register by calling the parish office at 403-249-0423. We are open Mon-Fri from 9 a.m. to noon (click here for our new office hours beginning Monday, June 1).
Given these circumstances, we are adopting a no ticket, no entry policy. This means walk-ins will not be permitted, and daily communicants will have to pre-register for every Mass they wish to attend. Also, all attendees are encouraged to bring their own non-medical mask.
Due to the fluid situation, the Mass times above are subject to change. We will inform parishioners of any changes through Flocknote and our social media channels.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. While all this may seem onerous, we count on everyone’s cooperation and goodwill to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our parishioners.
Important things to take note of:
- Bishop McGrattan’s decree dispensing Catholics from the Sunday obligation remains. This means that even though public Masses have resumed, Catholics are not obliged to attend Mass and those who attend do so out of their own free will and prudential judgment.
- Use the AHS self-assessment tool. If you have any flu-like symptoms, please stay home.
- ENTRY & EXIT: enter through the west-side main entrance doors as all other entryways will be closed. Doors will open 30 minutes prior to each Mass. After Mass, everyone will be asked to exit through the north-side entrance (near Kids Kingdom).
- CHECK-IN: as you enter, you will need to show your ticket to the volunteers so they can check you in (either in print or on your mobile device). At this point, they will be asking you questions to verify information needed for contact tracing.
- MASKS: All attendees are encouraged to bring their own non-medical mask and wear it during their stay in the church building.
- CHANGES IN THE LITURGY: certain parts in the liturgy will be omitted in order to minimize the possibility of viral transmission. This includes the administering of the chalice, shaking hands during the sign of peace, holding hands during the Our Father, and passing the collection basket. Those who wish to make an offering may do so online at saintmichael.ca/giving or by texting give to 438-700-8739.
- BUILDING ACCESS: all doors will be closed during Mass, including the south entrance doors to the parish office and Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
- NEED TO CANCEL? Be sure to do so by clicking on the “view and manage your order online” link on your confirmation email. This allows us to give your spot to someone in the waitlist.
Mass from St. Michael’s will be available on this page at 11 a.m. daily.
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Thursday of the 7th Week of Easter
Please remember your local parish during these extraordinary circumstances. If you are able to help St. Michael’s mission even during these trying times, please consider making a donation online, or by texting give to 438-700-8739
How can we pray for you?
If you have any prayer intentions, use the form below so our prayer teams can pray for you. Fr. John & Fr. Pilmaiken will also pray for your petitions during Mass, as is our custom during our Friday morning Masses.
Pray with Fr. John
While we cannot gather in church to physically celebrate a common life of worship and prayer, it is a worthy practice for families during this time to build up their own domestic churches at home.
Novena to the Holy Spirit
Begins on Friday, May 22 and ends on Saturday, May 30 (Pentecost Vigil). Click here for the novena guide.
Click the playlist icon on the top-right corner of the video to access the videos for all nine days of the novena.
Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Visit thedivinemercy.org if you need a guide on how to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
Click the playlist icon on the top-right corner of the video to select other mysteries.
Sundays & Wednesdays: Glorious mysteries • Mondays & Saturdays: Joyful mysteries • Tuesdays & Fridays: Sorrowful mysteries • Thursdays: Luminous mysteries
Para abrir la lista de reproducción de otros Misterios del Rosario, haga ‘click’ en la esquina derecha de este vídeo.
Domingo y Miércoles: Misterios Gloriosos • Lunes y Sábado: Misterios Gozosos • Martes y Viernes: Misterios Dolorosos • Jueves: Misterios Luminosos