Mass Live Stream
Mass will be available on this page at 9 a.m. Sunday-Friday.
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Wednesday of the 19th Week in Ordinary Time
Daily Mass / Wednesday, August 12 / 9 AM MTToday's readings: www.dailygospel.orgStay connected!• Thinking about becoming Catholic? -> www.saintmichael.ca/cominghome• Prayer requests and giving: www.saintmichael.ca/Mass• Instagram: www.instagram.com/saintmichael.ca• Twitter: www.twitter.com/saintmichaelyyc
Posted by St. Michael Catholic Community on Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Please remember your local parish during these extraordinary circumstances. If you are able to help St. Michael’s mission even during these trying times, please consider making a donation online, or by texting give to 438-700-8739.
Register for Mass
Important note: In accordance with the Temporary Face Coverings Bylaw (26M2020), anyone entering the church will be required to wear a face covering. Learn more.
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.
- Saturday: anticipated Sunday Mass at 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m., 11 a.m., and 5 p.m.
During this current stage in the phased reintroduction of public Mass, attendance will initially be limited to 250 participants, including priests and volunteers. For this reason, we ask those who wish to attend Mass to register using the link below. This will ensure that we remain compliant with provincial public gathering guidelines and the most recent diocesan guidelines.
You can also register by calling the parish office at 403-249-0423. We are open Mon-Fri from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: if you are able to help as an usher/hospitality minister or point of entry person at any of our weekend Masses, please contact Marvin Matthews at email@example.com or by calling 403-249-0423 ext. 158.
DOORS WILL BE CLOSED when Mass begins, as our volunteers also need to attend Mass. This is also to ensure that we do not go over the maximum number of attendees. If you are late, you will not be able to enter even if you are registered.
NEED TO CANCEL? If you registered but aren’t able to come, please cancel by clicking the “view and manage your order online” link on your confirmation email, or by calling the parish office. This will allow others to be able to attend Mass.
Given these circumstances, we are adopting a no ticket, no entry policy. Walk-ins will only be permitted if, prior to Mass, the number of participants is below the maximum limit. Daily communicants will also have to pre-register for every Mass they wish to attend.
Lastly, all attendees are asked to bring their own non-medical mask.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. While all this may seem onerous, we count on everyone’s cooperation and goodwill to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our parishioners.
Important things to take note of:
- Bishop McGrattan’s decree dispensing Catholics from the Sunday obligation remains. This means that even though public Masses have resumed, Catholics are not obliged to attend Mass and those who attend do so out of their own free will and prudential judgment.
- Use this self-assessment tool. If you have any of the symptoms listed, please stay home.
- ENTRY & EXIT: enter through the west-side main entrance doors as all other entryways will be closed. Doors will open 30 minutes prior to each Mass. After Mass, everyone will be asked to exit through the north-side entrance (near Kids Kingdom).
- CHECK-IN: as you enter, the point-of-entry volunteer will ask for your name. You can also show your ticket to the volunteers (either in print or on your mobile device). At this point, they will be asking you questions to verify information needed for contact tracing.
- MASKS: All attendees are asked to bring their own non-medical mask and wear it during their stay in the church building.
- CHANGES IN THE LITURGY: certain parts in the liturgy will be omitted in order to minimize the possibility of viral transmission. This includes the administering of the chalice, shaking hands during the sign of peace, holding hands during the Our Father, and passing the collection basket. Those who wish to make an offering may do so online at saintmichael.ca/giving or by texting give to 438-700-8739.
- BUILDING ACCESS: when coming for Mass, use the west-side main entrance. When visiting the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, parish office, or when coming for Confession, use the south entrance doors near the office.
What St. Michael’s is doing to ensure your safety:
- Implementing a more frequent cleaning and sanitizing schedule. This includes sanitizing the sanctuary seats after every Mass, washrooms, and other high-contact surfaces.
- We’ve made several hand sanitizing stations available throughout the church building.
- Designating specific entrance and exit-only points to ensure traffic flows in one direction
- Blocking off certain sections in the sanctuary to ensure physical distancing during Mass
How can we pray for you?
If you have any prayer requests, use the form below so our prayer teams can pray for you. We will also offer your petitions during Mass, as is our custom during our Friday morning Masses.