Moms and Tots
Supporting each other in our vocation as mothers as we raise our children in the Catholic faith, enrich our family, and deepen our own understanding and fellowship.
Calling all moms!
Whether you’re pregnant, have an infant, toddler, or your children are in school, we welcome you to come. Join us every Friday morning at 9:45 a.m. — let’s get together with other moms for coffee, fun, faith, and fellowship.
If you know a mom who would be interested in joining, please invite them! Also, share this invitation with other families in our parish.
Join our Flocknote mailing list
Join our Moms and Tots mailing list on Flocknote and never miss out on any further exciting meet-ups, important news, and announcements.
Schedule (subject to change):
Fridays at 9:45 a.m. in the Kids’ Kingdom room (green room) unless otherwise noted.
- August 16: coffee, play and fellowship – come socialize with us!
- August 23: coffee, play and fellowship – come socialize with us!
- August 30: no meeting (long weekend)
- September 6: Race Car day! We have some new ride-on toy cars and will be setting up a little race track for kids to drive them on.
- September 13: Speaker event with Melissa Conniff, registered dietitian and owner of Calgary Family Nutrition.*
- September 20: social and free play
- September 27: Speaker event with Tammy Ringstad. Hear an inspiring testimony of how our community brought her to the Catholic faith and helped her raise her three kids, including twins! S
- October 4: Fall craft for kids and Get-to-Know Fr. John: we will have a Q&A session where moms can either submit anonymous questions or can bring questions to ask Fr. John the day of.
- October 11: no meeting — enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend!
- October 18: Speaker event with Dr. Beata Komierowski on maternal mental health, specifically postpartum depression and anxiety. We are having her speak on this day because October 10 is World Mental Health Day.
- October 25: social and free play
- November 1: kids craft to celebrate All Saints’ Day
- Fridays of November: schedule TBC
- December 6: cookie exchange and social — bring two dozen cookies if you’d like to participate!
- December 13: Christmas party
- December 20 and 27: no meeting
*About Melissa: With over 15 years of experience in teaching families and healthcare professionals about nutrition, Melissa was drawn to her work in paediatric nutrition after struggling with her own nutrition as a child, understanding early on how the food we eat impacts our health. Melissa has worked in hospitals, community, and public health settings in New York and Alberta. Her passion is helping families create a healthy relationship with food in their house and teaching families how to bring a variety of foods into their home for nourishment and enjoyment. She understands how hard this is as she is a mom of two active boys. She is also married to a pastry chef who loves to get the kids in the kitchen trying new recipes.