What you need to know from this weekend’s bulletin:
Public Celebration of Mass Resumes – New
As we’ve announced last Wednesday, the public celebration of Mass at St. Michael’s will resume on Monday, June 1. During this stage, we can only admit up to 50 people per Mass. For this reason, we are adopting a pre-registration system for all those who wish to attend Mass. Walk-ins will not be permitted during this time. To pre-register, visit saintmichael.ca/Mass or call the office at 403-249-0423.
Here are the Mass times for the month of June:
- Mon-Fri: 9 a.m.
- Saturday: anticipated Sunday Mass at 3:30 p.m.., 5 p.m., 6:30 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 7:30 a.m.*, 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 5 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.
*The Sunday 7:30 a.m. Mass is dedicated for seniors 65+
We will continue to live stream Masses Sunday-Friday at 9 a.m. Please be reminded that Bishop McGrattan’s decree dispensing Catholics from the Sunday obligation remains. This means that even though public Masses have resumed, Catholics are not obliged to attend Mass.
We acknowledge that the pre-registration system may seem onerous. But given the provincial public gathering guidelines and current diocesan directives, this is the only way we can resume public Mass at least for the time being. We count on your patience and goodwill in ensuring everyone’s safety and well-being. Please visit saintmichael.ca/Mass for all the important info you need to know regarding the process for attending Mass.
New Schedule – New
Please note the following changes in our Confession times and opening hours effective Monday, June 1:
- Parish office: Mon-Fri from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Confession: Friday and Saturday from noon to 2 p.m.
- Blessed Sacrament Chapel: Mon-Fri from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., and closed on Sundays
Beginning Friday, June 5, Eucharistic Adoration will be on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Heeding the mass gathering restrictions in place, please sign up ahead of time since we can only admit up to 12 people for every hour. You can sign up for a time slot using the link at saintmichael.ca/faithformation. Thank you for your understanding!
Natural Family Planning: Talk and Q&A – New
Join us on Thursday nights from June 11 to 25 for an online series on Natural Family Planning (NFP). This free online event via Zoom will feature medical professionals and subject matter experts on infertility, contraception, theology of the body, and more. To get the Zoom meeting link, click here.
Do you or someone you know need help?
The following organizations are able to offer assistance:
- Dial 211 for food, shelter, and financial support
- AHS Access Mental Health: is the coronavirus anxiety affecting your mental health? Call 403-943-1500 for non-urgent cases (no referral needed), or call 403-266-4357 if you need immediate help
- Health Link 811: for individuals who are not seriously ill but have flu-like symptoms and have travelled outside Canada or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19. Call 911 if you are seriously ill or need immediate help.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-249-0423 ext. 122
See the bulletin for more announcements
Pentecost Sunday, 31/05/2020, 891.89 KB