What you need to know from this weekend’s bulletin:
While we will only be publishing this bulletin once a month for July and August, we will continue sending weekly updates on Flocknote. Be sure to stay updated and sign up for our email newsletter by visiting www.flocknote.com/smcyyc.
Thank you to all parishioners for your continued diligence and cooperation with regard to the processes we have in place during our weekend Masses. It was truly heartwarming to see many more of you last weekend as we increased our maximum capacity. As we continue with this set-up for the time being, we wish to offer the following reminders:
- Where possible, consider coming to church up to 30 minutes early so as to help prevent line-ups in the entrance just before Mass. This is also an opportune time to silently pray as you prepare to receive the Eucharist.
- After checking in, stay in one of the physical distancing markers in the gathering area and wait to be seated by one of our hospitality ministers
- Once in the sanctuary, please remain in your spot and refrain from moving to another seat so as to minimize chances of contamination
- Familiarize yourself on how to receive Holy Communion by watching the instructional video below
- When registering as a family online, please include the first name of each person in your group instead of registering everyone under one name
- Need to cancel? If you’ve registered but are no longer able to attend, please cancel your ticket by clicking the “view and manage your order online” link in your confirmation email, as this will allow others to attend. You can also do so by calling the parish office at 403-249-0423 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation and First Communion this October
To all the families enrolled in First Communion and Confirmation: we’re happy to share with you that your children will be able to receive the sacraments this coming October! We will communicate the specific date and time of the celebrations by August, if not sooner. Please read Bishop McGrattan’s letter to parents at saintmichael.ca/first-communion and saintmichael.ca/confirmation.
Thank you to the PLC
(Edit: July 24, 2020) — Earlier this month, Fr. John made the decision to conclude the work of the Parish Leadership Council (PLC) in order to give our incoming Administrator, Fr. Poul Narisetti, the opportunity to know our parish, familiarize himself with the strategic planning work at St. Michael’s, and to prayerfully discern about creating a group that will best support St. Michael’s in fulfilling its mission. We want to offer our gratitude to the PLC and its subcommittees for their commitment and dedication to our parish in the last two years.
Night of Hope Virtual Retreat
You don’t have to feel alone or disoriented by the shadows hanging over our world. The Franciscan University of Steubenville in Ohio is inviting Catholics to join Night of Hope — a free, virtual retreat on Sunday, July 19 featuring Dr. Scott Hahn, Fr. Dave Pivonka, Sr. Miriam Heidland, and Bob Rice. Registration is now open at steubenvilleconferences.com.
Virtual Catholic Book Club
Fr. John Kohler, Formation Director at St. Joseph Seminary and a priest of the Diocese of Calgary, is launching a virtual book club this Summer starting with Dr. Scott Hahn’s book, A Father Who Keeps His Promises. To find out more information about the book and online discussion schedule, visit catholicyyc.ca/bookclub.
Catholic Community at U of C
If you or someone you know studies at the University of Calgary, the U of C Catholic Community is now officially St. Francis Xavier Chaplaincy on Campus at U of C. In the upcoming years, student leaders will be working closely with Fr. Cristino Bouvette to deliver faith, formation, and fellowship opportunities for students on campus. To learn more, follow @sfxc.ucalgary on Instagram or visit www.sfxc.ca.
See the bulletin for more announcements
14th Sunday in Ordinary Time, 06/07/2020, 918.79 KB