What you need to know from this weekend’s bulletin:
WONDERING ABOUT BECOMING CATHOLIC?
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the sacramental process through which adults journey into the Catholic Church. Our RCIA sessions will be held virtually on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. beginning September 22. To learn more, contact Sandy by using the form at saintmichael.ca/cominghome or call 403-249-0423.
Feast of St. Michael
- Tuesday, September 29 marks the Feast of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel, & Raphael. On this day, we will have Mass at 9 a.m. and there will be pre-packaged treats after Mass. All are welcome! Please sign up at saintmichael.ca/Mass.
- Our Daily Bible Reading Challenge also begins on this day. Thank you to all those who have signed up! Last year, Fr. Poul had nearly a thousand people from his previous parish join and are now close to having read the entire Bible. You can do it, too, by joining this year’s challenge. To learn more and sign up, visit saintmichael.ca/biblechallenge.
Thank you to all parishioners for your continued diligence and cooperation with regard to the processes we have in place during our weekend Masses. As we continue with this set-up for the time being, we wish to offer the following reminders:
- Beginning in October, we will close the church doors 5 minutes before Mass begins. This will allow our volunteers — who are also attending Mass — to be fully present and consciously participate in the Liturgy. We encourage everyone to come earlier than your usual time so as to prevent long lineups in the entrance.
- Once in the sanctuary, please remain in your spot and refrain from moving to another seat so as to minimize chances of contamination
LECTIO: PHILIPPIANS (Women’s Ministry)
The Women’s Ministry is hosting a virtual study via ZOOM on St. Paul’s epistle to the Philippians, happening Wednesdays at 7 p.m. from September 23 to October 28. In this six-part study, Dr. Tim Gray combines insight and practical guidance using the lectio divina disciplines to make the Scriptures come alive. Click here to learn more and sign up.
Serve with us: Current Volunteer Opportunities – NEW
- Sacristan: Among other things, a sacristan is responsible for setting the altar and attending to liturgical items before and after Mass. This includes preparing altar cloths, ensuring the cruets are filled with water and wine, preparing the missal, etc. For full details and to sign up, visit saintmichael.ca/volunteer.
- Tech booth: we’re also looking for individuals who can help run the sound mixer, Pro-Presenter slides, and cameras during our weekday and weekend Masses. 1 on 1 training will be provided. To sign up, use the form at saintmichael.ca/volunteer or contact Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
DAILY FAMILY ROSARY THIS OCTOBER
Every day at 6 p.m. during the month of Mary, we will feature a St. Michael family praying the Rosary on our Facebook Page. We believe that this will encourage more and more people in their devotion to Our Lady.
Here’s how it works: record your family praying the Holy Rosary, from the comfort of your own home. Send the video file to us, then we will stream it on Facebook at a specific date in October. To sign up, click here.
Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation – NEW
The Bible Timeline study program takes you on a guided journey through salvation history. Presenter Jeff Cavins will show you how fourteen of the Bible’s narrative books tell the biblical story from beginning to end and will give you the keys to understanding the amazing story woven throughout Scripture. This 24-week session will be on Mondays at 7 p.m. beginning October 5 and will be held virtually via ZOOM. To sign up, click here.
The 40 Days for Life Fall 2020 campaign runs from September 23-November 1, and St. Michael’s assigned vigil day is Friday, October 9. We count on all Catholics and people of goodwill to join us in our prayer vigils across the world: so we invite you to join and become a loving, prayerful voice for the pre-born babies who have no voice but ours. We know from the testimonies of many that these campaigns save lives! To sign up for a vigil slot, click here. For more info, contact Camille at 403-874-2533 or email email@example.com.
THE MAGNIFICAT ADORATION COMPANION BOOKLET
We have a limited number of The Magnificat Adoration Companion booklet available for purchase at the parish office for $10 each. This companion booklet features suggestions for adoration and explanations of this ancient practice, scripture and meditations on the Real Presence, profiles of saints known for their devotion to the Blessed Sacrament, as well as prayers and litanies drawn from the treasury of the Church. To purchase your copy, please visit the parish office.
25th Sunday in Ordinary Time, 20/09/2020, 859.93 KB