Parish updates regarding COVID-19
Last updated: Monday, June 29 at 10:30 a.m.
Following stage two of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy, we have increased our maximum capacity to 250 people per Mass.
Please note that pre-registration is still required even with this increase in capacity. You can do so by using the link at saintmichael.ca/Mass.
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.
- Saturday: anticipated Sunday Mass at 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m., 11 a.m., and 5 p.m.
You can pre-register by visiting saintmichael.ca/Mass or by calling the parish office at 403-249-0423. All attendees are asked to bring their own non-medical mask.
I also wish to remind everyone that Bishop McGrattan’s decree dispensing Catholics from the Sunday obligation remains. This means that even though public Masses have resumed, Catholics are not obliged to attend Mass, and those who attend do so out of their own free will and prudential judgment.
I appreciate your patience and understanding.
Fr. John Nemanic
Confession times and opening hours
- Blessed Sacrament Chapel: open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Confessions: Fridays from noon to 2 p.m. and Saturdays from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- Parish Office: Mon-Fri from 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Eucharistic Adoration: Fridays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
In keeping with the Government of Alberta’s mandatory mass gathering restrictions, please observe the following:
- When visiting the Blessed Sacrament Chapel for private prayer, there should be no more than 15 people together at any time
- Observe at least 2 metres of physical distancing
- Those who are ill, show symptoms of illness (however mild), as well as individuals from “demographic groups at greater risk of severe disease, such as people 60 years of age or older and individuals with chronic medical conditions” should stay home.
If you would like to stay connected with other parishioners and offer assistance (i.e. offering to pick up groceries for those in physical isolation, etc.), join our public Facebook group.
Mass Live Stream Schedule
How can we pray for you?
If you have any prayer intentions, use the form below so our prayer teams can pray for you!
Do you or someone you know need help?
The following organizations are able to offer assistance:
- Dial 211 for food, shelter, and financial support
- AHS Access Mental Health: is the coronavirus anxiety affecting your mental health? Call 403-943-1500 for non-urgent cases (no referral needed), or call 403-266-4357 if you need immediate help
- Health Link 811: for individuals who are not seriously ill but have flu-like symptoms and have travelled outside Canada or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19. Call 911 if you are seriously ill or need immediate help.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-249-0423 ext. 122
- See: How to apply for EI and COVID-19 emergency benefits
Event Cancellations & Schedule Changes
- Weekly Eucharistic Adoration is back every Friday beginning May 15, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Prior sign-up is required as we can only admit up to 12 people every hour. Visit saintmichael.ca/faithformation for the sign up link.
- Beginning Friday, May 1, the parish office will only be open Mon-Fri from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Both weeks of Vacation Bible Camp (July 2020) have been cancelled. If you’ve already registered and paid for your child, please contact Rosalie at email@example.com or call 403-249-0423 ext. 125 to get a refund.
- Confessions: Monday-Saturday from noon to 2 p.m. or by appointment
- Creative Arts Open Studio (every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month): cancelled until further notice
- All Moms and Tots in-church meet-ups (Fridays at 9:45 a.m.) are cancelled until further notice
- Monday Night Bible Studies: future sessions of the Acts – Spread of the Kingdom Bible study have been cancelled.
- Rosary Group: the Tuesday evening Rosary group is also cancelled until further notice.
- Family Compass: the series of workshops organized by the Schoenstatt Apostolic Movement (beginning Saturday, March 21), has been postponed to a later date. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pastoral Care services at Wentworth Manor and Wentworth Court have been cancelled until further notice.
- Youth Ministry: ROOTS Youth (Monday nights) and UNITE youth nights (Thursday nights) are cancelled. Youth are asked to connect with us on Instagram (@onthursdaynights) for upcoming faith content via IGTV.
- English Language Learners: our Tuesday morning ELL classes are cancelled.
- Women’s Ministry: our monthly Coffee Connections and Lectio: Evangelization sessions are currently cancelled (until further notice)
- Men’s Ministry: That Man is You sessions on Wednesday mornings are currently cancelled. All inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
What you can do
Keeping Sunday holy when we cannot gather for Mass
This is indeed a painful time for Catholics who live on the Eucharist and the sacramental life of the Church as a source of sanctifying grace and strength. However, this can be an opportunity to intensify your interior life of prayer through the different practices and devotions of our Catholic faith.
LECTIO DIVINA & READING SCRIPTURE
Parishioners are encouraged to pray and reflect on the daily readings and practice Lectio Divina, using resources such as The Daily Gospel. You can also login to FORMED and watch the weekly Opening the Word, which offers a prayerful reflection on the Sunday readings. (Don’t have a FORMED account? Claim your free account by going to saintmichael.formed.org).
You can also watch the televised Sunday Mass on Salt+Light TV or through the online live stream at saltandlighttv.org at 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 8:30 p.m. every Sunday (Mountain Time), at St. Peter Parish’s Facebook page daily at 8:30 a.m., and from the Diocese of Calgary every Sunday at 10 a.m.
PRAY THE LITURGY OF THE HOURS
The Liturgy of the Hours, or the Divine Office, is the daily prayer of the Church which marks the hours of each day and sanctify it with prayer. To learn more and begin praying this venerable practice of Catholic Tradition, visit universalis.com.
The following websites offer wholesome Catholic content that could minister to your spiritual needs during this time: