What you need to know from this weekend’s bulletin:
Masses Cancelled in the Diocese
Since Tuesday, March 17, all Masses in the Diocese of Calgary have been cancelled until April 5 (including Palm Sunday) in response to AHS and the government’s recommendations to combat the spread of COVID-19. An episcopal decree by Bishop McGrattan dispenses Catholics from the Sunday Obligation during this period.
While Masses are cancelled, the Blessed Sacrament Chapel remains open for private prayer from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Confessions are also available Monday-Friday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. beginning Monday, March 23, or by appointment. Please use the south entrance doors as the other doors will be locked. We do ask seniors, those with pre-existing health conditions, and more importantly, individuals who are ill or show symptoms of illness to please remain at home.
Schedule of Livestreamed Masses – New
- 8:30 a.m. Daily Mass from St. Peter’s Church live on their website or via Facebook Live
- 10 a.m. Sunday Mass with Bishop McGrattan live on the Diocese website or via Facebook Live
- Salt + Light TV: daily at 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.
Do you or someone you know need help? New
The following organizations are able to offer assistance:
- Dial 211 for food, shelter, and financial support
- AHS Access Mental Health: is the coronavirus anxiety affecting your mental health? Call 403-943-1500 for non-urgent cases (no referral needed), or call 403-266-4357 if you need immediate help
- Health Link 811: for individuals who are not seriously ill but have flu-like symptoms and have travelled outside Canada or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19. Call 911 if you are seriously ill or need immediate help.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul: email@example.com or 403-249-0423 ext. 122
Be a Prayer Warrior: Join our Lenten Prayer Campaign
All parishioners are encouraged to join in the ongoing Hail, full of grace! Lenten prayer campaign, culminating on the Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord on Wednesday, March 25. In doing so, you commit to praying the Rosary daily, interceding for others and asking for an increase in faith and greater trust in the Lord. To learn more, please visit saintmichael.ca/prayer.
Daily Reflections from St. Michael’s
Be sure to follow our Facebook and Instagram accounts for daily faith content while Masses are out in the Diocese. To receive these reflections via email, sign up at smcyyc.flocknote.com/FaithContent.
Sacred Silence: Online Parish Mission – New
Prayer Requests – New
How can we pray for you during this difficult time? If you have any intentions, please use the form here so our prayer teams can pray for you. You can also email your intentions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Cancellations and Schedule Changes
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most of our upcoming events have been cancelled and/or postponed to a later date. Visit saintmichael.ca/covid19 for the latest on schedule changes and event cancellations.
See the bulletin for more announcements
Fourth Sunday of Lent, 22/03/2020, 996.98 KB