What you need to know from this weekend’s bulletin:
ME-25 Survey: Thank You for Participating
Thank you to all parishioners who participated in our ME-25 Member Engagement Survey. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the survey results from Gallup. If you have any questions, you can contact Marvin at email@example.com.
Taste of the World: Thank You
We are delighted with the participation at our recent Taste of the World event. Thanks to all the vendors, organizers, all who attended, and those who participated during the Mass’ prayers of the faithful.
Spirit of Truth Prayer Group
The Spirit of Truth prayer group provides an intimate way to nurture your relationship with Jesus through praise and worship, Scripture reflection, and faith enrichment — strengthening you as a disciple. Experience the fruits of the Holy Spirit by joining us at the Day Chapel on Mondays from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Town Hall Update – New
Missed the Town Hall earlier this month? Click here to read an update from our town hall, including a video of the presentation and a summary of some of the questions discussed.
Wondering about becoming Catholic?
If you (or someone you know) are wondering about becoming Catholic, we’d love to get to know you! Summer is a great time to prayerfully consider taking this step as it gives everyone enough time to determine next steps, whether that be joining the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) in the fall, or signing up for Adult Confirmation. Wherever you are in your faith journey, we’re ready to accompany our friends who are looking into the Catholic faith. To learn more, contact Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit saintmichael.ca/cominghome.
Family Life Conference at Lac Ste. Anne – New
Catholic Family Ministries invites you to join this year’s Family Life Conference, happening June 28-July 1 at Lac Ste. Anne. Experience a host of inspiring speakers including Dr. Tim Gray, President of the Augustine Institute; Sr. Helena Burns, and Ryan Topping. For more info and to register, visit www.catholicfamilyministries.com.
Vacation Bible Camp for Kids
The first week of VBC is now full, but we are still accepting registrations for children ages 5-10 for week 2. The camp runs from 9 a.m. to noon on July 15-19. Registration is $65: please register your child at the parish office (open Mon-Thurs from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and until 4 p.m. on Fridays).
VBC for adults: bringing your kids to VBC? If so, you’re invited to stay and take advantage of this faith formation opportunity for grown-ups, happening Mon-Fri during both weeks of VBS beginning at 9:30 a.m. There will be coffee and snacks at each stand-alone session — feel free to attend one or all of the sessions.
Summer Parish Updates
- Eucharistic Adoration: for July and August, Eucharistic Adoration on Fridays will be from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. 24-hour Eucharistic Adoration every first Friday will resume in the fall.
- Precious Blood: there will be no Precious Blood during Holy Communion at Masses this July and August.
- Summer Office Hours: please note that for July and August, the parish office will only be open from 8:30 a.m .to 4 p.m. Evening hours will resume in September.
- Bulletins: we will only be publishing bulletins once a month during July and August. To keep updated with parish announcements and events, sign up for our weekly Flocknote e-newsletter by texting “SMCYYC” to 514-900-0130.
- Parish Picnic: please note that we will not be having our annual parish picnic this summer, as Our Lady Queen of Peace Ranch is under renovations and will not be able to host our summer event.
Summer Retreats – New
The following retreats are not organized by St. Michael’s. They are published here for the information of our parishioners.
- July 21-28 at Mount St. Francis • 7-Day “Presence” Directed Retreat, facilitated by the retreat team and individual spiritual director. To register, call 403-932-2012 or visit mountstfrancis.ca.
- Summer Retreat Day “Come to Me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” When: Saturday, July 27 from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Where: Divine Mercy Centre (15206 Twp. Road 262, Calgary). Registration: 587-755-1019 or visit sistersofdivinemercy.org.
- August 2-10 at FCJ Retreat Centre, Calgary • Spiritual Exercises: 8-Day Directed Ignatian Retreat facilitated by Sr. Madeleine Gregg and the FCJ team. Registration: 403-228-4215 or visit fcjcentre.ca.
- Single Women’s Retreat with the Sisters of Providence: this retreat is for single women ages 22-38 exploring a call to religious life. When: August 11-17 at Providence Centre (3005 – 119 Street, Edmonton). Registration: 587-432-2088 or email email@example.com.
- Women’s Retreat Day: “Courage, my daughter, your faith has saved you.” This retreat is for women ages 18 and older. When: Saturday, August 10 from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at St. Luke’s Parish (1566 Northmount Dr. NW). Registration: sistersofdivinemercy.org.
See the full bulletin for more announcements
Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi), 23/06/2019, 1.42 MB